a brief overview of the klangstrom (KLST) project.
klangstrom is an infrastructure to facilitate generative, networked, embedded sound + music + composition making.
klangstrom aims to support the creation of audio-based applications that either run on microcontrollers (MCU) or personal computers (PC).
klangstrom is comprised of two software libraries ( klang a node+text-based synthesizer library, strom a node+text-based generative composition library ), an embedded hardware platform, and a programming environment and a set of tools to allow seamless development of such applications.
- software libraries
- klang a node+text-based synthesizer library for creating sounds
- strom a node+text-based generative composition library for creating musical compositions
- floating-point arithmetic
- external controller
- embedded hardware platform
- KLST_CORE is a dedicated embedded platform
- based on STM32H7 microcontroller unit (MCU)
- audio codec
- connections ( USB, UART, SPI, I2C, GPIO )
- interface ( buttons, encoders, SD card, LEDs, eurorack )
- programming environments + tools
KLST can be programmed via Arduino IDE, Cmake or any other C/C++ based build system
MCU, simulator and VCV Rack can be programmed and uploaded/started from within Arduino IDE.
Arduino Library for STM32
- extension of STM32duino
Simulator for Linux, MacOS and iOS
Plugin for VCV Rack
- proof of concept
- dynamic loading of sketches